Christian Educators Fellowship is an association of United Methodists and persons from other denominations who have responsibility for Christian education in any of its diverse forms, in and beyond the local church.
Christian Educators Fellowship:
- interprets the roles of persons leading Christian education ministries in the church;
- assists in developing, maintaining, and interpreting standards for education ministry;
- provides training, networking, and fellowship opportunities;
- enhances the vocational commitment of the Christian educator;
- represents Christian education ministries in ecumenical arenas;
- offers information on position openings;
- connects members through journals, newsletters, mailings, information on the website, and in the CEF office;
- keeps members informed of new books and information published and produced for Christian educators;
- provides persons in Christian education with the opportunity to affirm their commitment to this ministry, to grow personally and professionally, and to help shape the foundation and future of Christian education.
Efforts are currently underway to establish an Arkansas CEF chapter. Watch this space for further developments.
For more information about National CEF membership, events and resources, go to: http://www.cefumc.org/