Friendship Camp of Central Arkansas is a week long day camp offered for 3rd to 6th grade children to build friendships and understanding between children of diverse faiths.
Goals of the camp for upper elementary/middle school aged students are:
- Learn and deepen your own faith.
- Learn and honor others’ faith.
- Reduce prejudice and build relationships through fun activities.
In a time when our country is polarized because of divisive rhetoric by public leaders and the marginalization of minority religious communities, this camp was a beautiful example of interfaith collaboration and peacemaking. Eight organizations that planned and implemented this camp under the umbrella of the Interfaith Center included:
- Bahá’í Community of Greater Little Rock
- Congregation B’nai Israel
- First United Methodist Church
- Islamic Center of Little Rock
- Raindrop Foundation
- Second Presbyterian Church
- St Margaret’s Episcopal Church
- St Mark’s Episcopal Church
Click HERE for an informative, inspiring video of the Interfaith Friendship Camp of Central Arkansas.
Click HERE to connect to the camp’s Facebook Page.
Below is information about the 2018 camp.